Thursday 14 May 2015

Getting Personal.

I don't mention personal stuff very often on this blog which means you don't know much about me and I want that to change
I still consider myself a newbie to this blogging malarky, but I see lots of people in the blogosphere getting to know each other and forming relationships so my way of doing this and getting involved is by opening up to you a little.



1. Do you have a middle name?
Yes, it's Louise - possibly one of the most common English middle names.

2. What was your favorite subject in school?

Oooooh that’s tricky, I liked most of them really..... I was rubbish at maths though! 
If I had to pick one it would probably be either Science or English but that’s likely more a judgment on the teachers I had than the actual subject!

3. What’s your favorite drink?
I very rarely actually drink it but perhaps iced tea! Although I am English so love a good warm cuppa too.

4. What’s your favorite song at the moment?
Right now probably Get Over It by McBusted. I’m on a bit of a positivity kick and nothing makes me feel more empowered at this moment than belting out a cheesey tune!!
I could listen to most Del Amitri songs over and over BUT it is utterly inconceivable to expect me to choose one song as a favourite!

5. What would you name your children?
I haven’t given kids names any thought, I think I’m too fickle and change my mind all the time. The only thing I am certain of is if I have children and one is a boy his middle name will be Barry. Yeah I know he’ll hate it but it’s the name of both my granddads so he can suck it up.

6. Do you participate in any sports?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha.
I did pole dancing a little while back and adored it so I am hoping to get back to that but that's really the only sport I have ever actually enjoyed doing.

7. What’s your favorite book? 

Right now it’s All I Know Now by Carrie Hope Fletcher but that’s only because I’ve literally just finished it. I can’t really choose just one favourite.
I am a little way through "Traitors Blade" by sebastian De Castell (which is an awesome name by the way!) and really digging it so far.
I would recommend anything by Nora Roberts or Darren Shan as well.

8. What’s your favorite colour?
YELLOW. It just always makes me smile, it’s sunshiney and happy and sometimes we need that in our lives!

9. What’s your favorite animal?
Nope I refuse to make this decision there are so many animals and they are all pretty incredible.
I do have a bit of a soft spot for otters, elephants and Komodo Dragons though. 

10. What’s your favorite perfume?
I don’t wear any. I so stinky.

11. What’s your favorite holiday?
Christmas by FAR. 
I’m not religious so for me Christmas is a family holiday and I cherish spending the day with them all, eating a somewhat disgusting amount of food that would never be acceptable at any other time of the year and everyone being so jolly as it just seems to bring it out in people.

12. Have you graduated from High School?

I have a degree in Biology!

13. Have you been out of the country?
Yeah a number of times in my life and I consider myself very lucky to have had those opportunities and have some incredible memories with my family.

14. Do you speak any other languages?
I studied Spanish at school, got a B at GCSE and can’t remember a damned thing now.

15. Do you have any siblings?
One older sister and she’s rather amazing. Amy and she's 25 - I imagine I will tell you about her more at another time.

16. What’s your favorite store?
I’m not a massive shopper  but right now I suppose maybe Whole Foods. I ventured there on a visit to London with my friend and it was full of delicious health foods – perfect for anyone wanting to eat a wholesome diet or with dietary requirements.
Oh but Forbidden Planet is geeky and eclectic and all kinds of perfect. If you’re a fan of any cult fandoms or want to explore a library of graphic novels please go to this shop.

17. What’s your favorite restaurant?
 I like food far too much to make one single choice but take me to Wagamamas and I will be extremely happy.

18. Do you like school? 
When I was there yeah I liked it, there were moments which I’m sure you’ve encountered that aren’t so fun but over all I look back fondly on school.

19. Who are some of your favorite YouTubers?
Dan and Phil, Pewdipie, Tyler Oakley, Mamrie Hart, SMOSH, Bunny, Daniel J Layton, WOTO (I miss you Liam), Hannah Witton, Carrie Fletcher oh gosh there are so many! 
Also one of my ultimate faves is a guy called Ant and I have no doubt you will love his videos as much as I do - https://www.youtube.com/user/heavyhandedvlogs

20. What’s your favorite movie? 
I dislike this question!
Lord of The Rings/ The Hobbit but really anything Disney, Marvel, action, comedy, supernatural and occasional romance. I'm easy going when it comes to films, I want to watch every trailer I see and I become a little obsessed so end up watching the same ones over and over again.

21. What are some of your favorite TV shows?
Game of Thrones, The Big Bang Theory, Masterchef, Coach Trip, The Mentalist (Patrick Jane if you please!), Firefly, American Horror Story, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, Ouran High School Host Club – in the same way as films I get a tad crazy over characters and living vicariously through shows.

22. PC or Mac?

As long as it works I’m good to go!

23. What phone do you have?
Samsung Galaxy S2 but I am in dire need of my upgrade right now.

24. How tall are you?
4”11
No that’s not a typo I am genuinely teeny tiny!

25. Any pets?
A dog - Jack, 3 cats – Toby, Harry and Maggie (Maggie is actually the niece of Harry) and 3 rats – D’artagnan, Tyrion and Samwise.


It would be AMAZING if you wanted to answer these questions too so we can all really listen to and learn about each other. Also if there's anything you think I've missed feel free to ask. I want my blog to be a way of expressing myself but mostly finding like minded people and the only way to do that is to let you into my mind! I hope this isn't considered a cop out but it seemed like a nice idea!




2 comments:

  1. Yep, my middle name is Louise as well! I really want to try pole dancing, it looks like so much fun - my boyfriends mum does it!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knew it! You should, it's so much fun and definitely a work out I couldn't lift my arms 2 days after my first session!

      Delete