Saturday 21 November 2015

My Favourite Meat Alternatives.


I've been a vegetarian for almost a year now and when I was a meat eater I was always a little confused about vegetarians eating vegetarian products that are made to look and (almost) taste like actual meat. If you don't like the idea of eating an animal why buy something that's made to be the same as it?
It didn't take long to realise why so many vegetarians go down this route. Sometimes it's hard to think of a  replacement for meat in a meal- it's often the main component and to find an alternative can mean extra thought and work which sometimes I'm just not okay with! Also although I have chosen not to eat meat, I used to and still do enjoy the flavours of it so I occasionally fancy something meaty tasting.

I have fallen a little in love with the company Quorn, who have made pretty much every conceivable meat commodity available for vegetarians. They are the kings of vegetarian alternatives.
Here are a few of my favourites that I recommend to every veggie, partly because they are about as similar to the meat original as you could get but mostly because they're freaking delicious!

- Scotch eggs                                                                      - Sausage roll



















- Turkey slices                                                                   - Mince



















- Tikka slices                                                               - Pies





















x

No comments:

Post a Comment